1/2 Marathon & 5K Filling Up Fast -- Enter Marion Arts Festival Races Today March 30, 2013 - 7:35
Even with the snowy, cold weather, entries continue to come in for the Marion Arts Festival Half Marathon and 5K. We closed entries for the Half Marathon last year, so you won't want to miss out. And the 5K is on a record pace. With the weather getting better, we expect to see even more entries arrive in the coming weeks.
So, before you lace up your shoes and head out for a pre-Easter run, be sure to register for Iowa's leading half marathon and 5K. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Over $2,150 in prize money in the Half Marathon
- $1,100 in prize money in the 5K
- Raffles and giveaways during the awards ceremony--we'll be giving away some valuable items, including four fabulous $100 purchase prizes to spend on artwork at the Marion Arts Festival and a 1-year membership to the YMCA
- Age group winners get Free entries into the 2014 race
- A great, newly-designed course that takes you through the most scenic areas of Marion and this part of Iowa
- Finish in the newly refurbished Depot area, amidst the Marion Arts Festival in downtown Marion
- Water and HEED (lemon lime) on the course
- Enjoy one of the best post races in the region--plenty of food (spaghetti, bagels, fruit, energy bars and drinks, and much more)
- Free chiropractic and massages
- Continuous live music and food vendors at the Arts Festival throughout the day
The Marion Arts Festival Half Marathon and 5K isn't just a race, though because of the prize money and Free entry awards it attracts some of the best runners in the region. It's an event for the whole family that you'll remember for many years to come.
Register today -- don't miss out.