8 Reasons to Run the Marion Arts Festival Half Marathon February 09, 2014 - 12:19
1. The Best Half Marathon, the Best Art. Start your day with a half marathon and end it with some of the best art in the nation. The Marion Arts Festival is one of the country's top 25 art shows, according to ArtFair Sourcebook. Read more.
2. See the Best of Marion. As you run, you'll see the past, present and future of Marion. The course is specially designed to highlight some of the great features of this unique and exciting community. Read more.
3. Custom, one-of-a-kind swag, redesigned every year. Don't just run the race, run it in style. From race bibs to t-shirts to finisher's medals and certificates, you'll want to hang you MAF awards and memorabilia on the wall. Read more.
4. Take cash to the bank, buy some art, race free next year and win some free gear. There's $2,150 in cash prizes, $400 in art bucks, and if you win your division, you race free next year. Read more.
5. Get real time results and enjoy the latest and greatest chip-in-the-bib race timing technology. You'll know exactly how you finished, right after you finish. Read more.
6. Burn a lot of calories, eat a lot of food, get a massage. You'll enjoy some the best post-race food and activities found anywhere. And if that's not enough, you'll spend the rest of Saturday looking at beautiful art and enjoying great music. Read more.
7. Run for a good cause. Last year alone, JMS Racing Services gave $20,000 to local charities from money received from entry fees.
8. A 5K if you're not quite up to a half marathon. The Marion Arts Festival 5K's a long-time favorite for runners and walkers across the Midwest. There's $1,100 in prize money, as well as great raffle prizes and plenty of post-race food and fun.
Safe training and see you on race days!