Highlights from Pigman Long Course/Olympic Distance 2014 August 24, 2014 - 12:37
Notes from the Pigman Long Course and Olympic Distance races August 17th:
- Morning fog threatened to delay the start, but the sun burned through it, allowing an on-time start.
- Wetsuits were allowed.
- David Thompson of Long Lake, Minnesota, won Olympic Distance with a course-record time of 1:54:56. Daniel Bretscher took second in 2:02:11.
- David and Daniel are now the only athletes to have won all three Pigman races--the Sprint, Olympic and Long Course. With his win this year, Thompson holds the course records for all three races.
- Lesley Smith was the first woman to cross the finish line in the Olympic Distance, in a time of 2:11:26. Daniela Williams of North Liberty, Iowa, came in second at 2:19:30.
- Adam Bohach of La Crosse, Wisconsin, won the Long Course in 3:21:57, with Thomas Gerlach of Madison, Wisconsin, taking second in 4:04:48. The two were tied coming off the bike.
- Morgan Chaffin of Elkhorn, Nebraska, won the women's division in 4:36:25.14, with Kortney Haag coming in second in 4:42:14.55.
- The Club division winner in the Long Course was Gear West Bike and Tri in a combined time of 22:56:45. The Olympic Distance Club winner was Iowa H.E.A.T. in 12:14:31.
- The top Long Course team was Two Men and a Mermaid from Omaha in 4:05:55. The top Olympic distance team was Team SDS in 2:16:02.